Well, about 6 am I woke up and seen that a few cars had pulled in. Went inside and found someone. Was unloaded by 0630. The office wasn’t open until 8 am, so I found a FedEx Office to fax paperwork to dispatcher.
I wanted some breakfast. Specifically, I wanted gravy. Searched on the GPS for restaurants and found one called The Omelet Shoppe & Bakery/ Sounded good, so there go I. Ordered a sausage & gravy omelet, three egg omelet with bacon, peppers, mushrooms, cheese, and cover with sausage gravy. I wanted biscuits-bread choices were toast, english muffin , or bagel. I forgot I wasn’t in the south. I was reminded again when I saw that gravy. But, the omelet was very good and thick.
Found a place to park and settled down to watch a movie. (Nothing attracts a load like getting into a movie.) Got about half way through the movie and the phone rung. (It worked!!!)
TRIP #14
Picked up in Zeeland, MI. About a 25 minutes drive from where I was. Was instructed to go to location, go inside and ask for Don or Jerry for the load. When I got there, was told there was no Don or Jerry there. The 2 receptionists insisted I was at the wrong place. I told them the address I was given. Matched.
Called the dispatcher, and he said he would see what he could find out. I waited about 10 minutes, and then this lady came through a back door in a dead run. She was sent for me.
She said I should have asked for Al or Gary. BIG difference!!
Got the load in the truck, bound for Indianapolis.
GPS said I could have it there by 2000 est. Dispatcher wanted it there no later than 2030. I had to make a fuel stop, and hit MCD drive through. Arrived at 2022, unloaded at 2036.
Now waiting at the Flying J in Indy. Awaiting Load #15.
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment