I have an update on this blog, but let me catch you up. I have still been looking at trucking. My leg eventually healed, which took long enough.
In late September 2009, I got discharged from Rentacenter for having too many past due accounts. (Even though I wasn’t the only one with this problem, I was the only one fired. WASN’T RIGHT!!!! I better stop there. RAC’S LOSS!!!)
I got a paper route at Murray Ledger & Times, and was working part-time at Domino’s. On Sunday, November 29, I was home after attending church. I got an interesting call.
In late September, I had responded to an ad in the Ledger about a driver for an expedite van that required no CDL. When I called, the position had been filled. Unexpectedly, this opening again came open, and I was being asked about this job.
I won’t go into particulars here, but I was interested-VERY interested. When I asked when he wanted me to start, he said the truck needs to go back on the road tomorrow. (Monday) I said woe, I have to give some kind of notice. He agreed to let me start Wednesday, December 2
I Told Domino’s that night. I worked MLT the 30th and left. Quitting so fast without notice wasn’t an easy thing, but I wasn’t turning down this opportunity.
Well, I have followed blogs of some other drivers on & off, and decided I wanted to continue with my own. No one may ever read it, but I enjoy it.
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment