Friday, December 4
Last night, got to the GM plant. Was informed that the area I was to go to was at a different location. Found that place and had to wait for about an hour and I was unloaded. I discovered that I need to tell clerks/personnel that I am in a Sprinter truck that is NOT dock high. I was informed to go to a door. Fork truck driver directed me to a ramp. He unloaded me and when I went to get my paperwork, he was fussing to the clerk that he shouldn’t have sent a Sprinter to a dock door. My fault. LOL
After I got unloaded, I went to Gene’s house. (My brother) Told him I’d buy dinner. Took him to Mcdonald’s. Yes! Mcdonald’s. I was trying to get more Coke glasses, and Gene agreed with MCD’s.
Unfortunately, this MCD wasn’t doing the Coke glass promotion. It was good though.
Got a shower and crashed on Gene’s couch. Next morning, Gene went to work, and I checked in with the dispatcher. While waiting, I went to Walmart for a few items and returned to Gene’s. Gene has a blue healer that is about 9 months old. He seemed to take up with me pretty good. Gene came in from work. He said he had nothing to do.
About 1330 or so, dispatcher called and said he may have a load but was awaiting paperwork and would call me as soon as he had it. In about 15 minutes, he called back and said he needed me to get to a fax machine, because I would need to have paperwork to pick up this next load. I went to an Office Depot and got the fax. The dispatcher called me back and said the load wasn’t scheduled for pickup until about 1800. But he suggested if I wanted to go on over, may be able to get loaded early.
The pickup was at a terminal at DFW airport. Got there around 1500. Was told the load wasn’t there yet. Perhaps 1830. So, I went back to Gene’s. He was returning from running some errands. We decided to go eat. I treated him to Chili’s. (Definite upgrade from MCD’s, don’t you think?)
Went back to Gene’s and I done some last few things there and headed back to DFW. Picked up 2 skids going to Laredo, TX. Headed out at about 1900 or so.
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment