Well, I didn't update this as often as I thoght I would. Here is fast forward:
I drove until March 6 for this guy. Left for personal reasons that I won't go into here.
My brother and I have gone in together. He bought a van, and I am driving it. On May 5, got my first load as a "Big Dawg".
Went on the board on Friday, April 30. On May 5, got my first load. Pickup in Memphis, TN. and transport to Lincoln, RI. I was at home and told the dispatcher my mother-in-law lives in Memphis and I can usually get there in 2 hours.
Had been talking with broker about relocating to Memphis. I was going to do just that by mid afternoon, but he called with this load at 0930 CDT. I needed to be in Memphis by 1300 EDT.
I left Murray at 1000 CDT. However, traffic problems slowed me down, and it took me 3 hours to get to pickup location. Got the load though. A shrink-wrapped skid of 16 boxes. Requested delivery was 1500 EDT on Thursday.
I drove straight through, except for gas and restroom breaks. Almost 22 hours of driving, not counting the 3 hours getting to Memphis. I was one hour late on the delivery. However, I had kept the broker informed with frequent updates. They seemed satisfied.
Drove down to West Greenwich, RI to this place, advertized as "RI only 24 hour truck stop" A small place, but was clean and well organized. They had a restaurant, but it was high. They also charged $10 per night for parking. (I managed to leave without paying. The guard was gone when I left. Another employee waved for me to just go, so I did.)
Got a call this afternoon from my broker. He has found me a load in Stratford, CT. However, it doesn't pick up until Monday. He is going to leave me on the board until 2 PM Saturday. He can repost that load should I get one immediately up until that time.
I relocated to the Pilot in Milford, CT. I got here an filled the van up. When I was driving for the previous contractor, I had collected fuel cards for various truck stops, trying to earn points for showers, food, etc. He had a diesel. I now drive a gas burner. So far, TA's won't enter points when I buy gas.
When I got to this Pilot, I went in to get a receipt. I asked the lady about my Pilot card. She turned to the manager who happened to be standing there, and she told him I just bought nearly 30 gallons of gas. I told him I was an expediter. He scanned my card, and I got my points.
He told me to start paying for gas inside and be sure to tell clerks I am an expediter, and shouldn't have no problem. Have yet to stop a Loves, or Flying J. I have cards on them, too. TA sucks!! I signed up for their "Expediter King" card in December. Haven't found one TA that would scan it for any purchase, gas or diesel.
Well, time for bed. Until next time, as sung by Alabama, "Roll on!!"
Heffard
P.S. I will be changing the pic on this very soon. Making it my goal to have my own Sprinter in 1-3 years, maybe.
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment